Real estate leads can be (and usually are) the lifeblood of the business, as very few potential buyers and sellers pull out the phone book to play “Real Estate Roulette” when choosing to list their house. Even when they end up needing or soliciting advice from an agent, those that need the agent’s services are more likely to call when given their number by a friend, neighbor, or relative, or going online to start their research very early on in the process.
Get New Leads…
Real estate leads are generated in several ways, including but not limited to:
- Cold calling – calling those that have not solicited services and asking whether they are interested in listing or thinking about selling/buying a home.
- Mass mailing – sending out letters en masse to just about every homeowner in the community, asking them to contact the office if they are thinking about buying or selling.
- Mass e-mail – along the same lines as cold-calling and mass-mailing, but less paper intensive, as it is done via the Internet.
- Referral – Also known as word of mouth, this is likely should the agent exhibit trust, respect, and care in handling each individual client’s listing. Simply put, people tell other people about the great job that was done, and voila! Another client is walking through the door.
- Online Lead Generation methods including facebook and google adwords. Pay Per click.
- Search engine optimization and Social media marketing
- Video Marketing
- Landing page optimization and more..
…But Keep Up With The Old
There comes a time when new real estate leads is no longer ‘new’. This does not mean that the finish has worn off, or the relationship is no longer necessary; however, in the constant need for self-promotion, often real estate leads that are no longer new become “forgotten” before they have a chance to become “old”.
Keeping up with old(er) real estate leads does not have to be time consuming. Consider the following:
- Christmas Cards – Everyone likes to be remembered.
- Email Drip Campaigns
- Contests – Engage the client
- Thank you notes – at the very least, thank them for any referrals!
- Mass e-mails, letters, or a blog
- Personal phone calls.
Don’t be afraid to keep up with those “old” real estate leads! They were, after all, once quite direct sources of business, and chances are they will continue to be sources of business for as long as possible. When once again they have real estate needs, they will remember the agent that handled their business with care and respect. They will remember the agent that made them feel special and cared for.
Even when old real estate leads do not have real estate needs, they will happily tell others about the agent that was kind enough to do these things for them, including handling their listing with care and respect, and thus will (most likely) end up generating more real estate leads for the agent. Take the time to keep up with those that haven’t needed a real estate agent lately – at the very least it will keep a name fresh in their mind.
If you are looking for “Real” internet marketing strategies from a company that knows the business inside and out who has been generating leads online for over 12 years then give us a shout. We’d be happy to discuss your business further.