To generate more real estate buyer leads, consider becoming an active member of the community where the sales are listed. Many benefits come from community service and getting out among fellow neighbors, including the following:
- Increased exposure for real estate buyer leads
- A feeling of trust
- Mutual respect and goodwill
- Friendship and camaraderie
It goes without saying that potential real estate buyer leads come from the same community in which houses are listed; therefore, an agent attempting to increase their base of potential leads would be well served in becoming active in their community.
Opportunities in the Community
Numerous opportunities exist for one to become active in the community, including but not limited to:
- Places of Worship – A community unto itself, these places provide warmth, interaction, and fellowship. Becoming involved in one as an usher, member of the choir, or joining a bible study group can easily generate a real estate buyer lead.
- Public Service – Consider running for the local city council or board of trustees, or even a school board position. Public servants have long been seen as respected members of a community, and potential real estate buyer leads may come in droves to one seen as a respected member of the community.
- Community Center Classes – Offer to teach a class about the mechanics of buying and selling a home at the community center, and the number of potential real estate buyer leads will increase. People are often daunted and confused about the process, and will welcome the opinion of an actual agent to help them.
- Community Events – Any event where the community gathers, such as a farmer’s market, local “cleanup day”, barbecue, or community festival can become a place to generate real estate buyer leads. Talk to those in charge about having a booth at one, or simply walk among the crowd with business cards and brochures at the ready.
Build Trust And Friendship
Real estate buyer leads can be greatly increased in deciding to not only list, buy, and sell homes within the community, but in becoming an active, long-term supporter and member of that community in any of the organizations listed above. Once trust and camaraderie are established, those that know the agent are more likely to call and refer others…leading to an even bigger increase in real estate buyer leads through word of mouth.
Becoming an active member of the community shows that an agent is interested in more than just the number of potential real estate buyer leads. It shows that the agent is concerned about not just their listings, but the people occupying those listings. Building trust and friendship with neighbors and members of that community makes it more likely that they will knock on the door when they need help…especially when selling their home, or looking at other property to purchase.